The best zero gravity massage chair models are designed mainly to place the user in a gravity neutral position.
In this state, the chair is able to provide relief from chronic lower back pain, hypertension and a host of other musculoskeletal problems.
The lower back region is affected by the weight of your body which often results in sore muscles and joints as a result of the downward pressure.
The best zero gravity massage chair models recline in a position that allows the spine time to decompress and alleviate any pent-up pressure.
The follow-up massage afterwards improves blood flow to the back region providing further healing to chronic lower back pain and lowering blood pressure.
Other than that, the benefits of zero gravity massage chair sessions are numerous taking into considerations the various features also included.
What is Zero Gravity?
This is achieved by placing the user in a weightless, reclined position where the legs are above or on the same level as the heart. The user’s body is evenly distributed across the massage chair resulting in a feeling of weightlessness.
How much space does a Zero Gravity chair need to recline?
The best zero gravity massage chair models require space between the back and a wall to recline into the Zero gravity position. Most respectable massage chair makers strive to make space required to recline as minimal as possible.
Space savings technology is a term used to describe efforts made by manufacturers to reduce the amount of space a zero gravity massage chairs needs to fully recline.
The best zero gravity massage chair brands require between three to five inches of space to fully recline. Below is a roundup of the 5 best zero gravity massage chair models in the market.
The 5 Best Zero Gravity Massage Chair Models On The Market
The Luraco iRobotics 7 massage chair is an all-American made massage chair that competes on the same level as a number of premium, top of the line massage chairs.
The chair is considered the best zero gravity massage chair for its price and the features included. Some features include;
A dual roller System:
The iRobotics 7 has a 2-roller system which is a spin-off of the traditional 4-roller system. The dual roller system makes possible deeper penetration and targeted massage of the back and neck muscles.
The chair has intensity five settings for the dual rollers, allowing the user to choose between intense shiatsu massages or a gentle relaxing massage.
Blood pressure cuff feature:
The Luraco iRobotics 7 features a cuff option that can be used to measure the blood pressure levels of the user. It can, therefore, be described as a medical massage chair. The blood pressure cuff device positions this model as the best zero gravity massage chair.
In the true zero-G position, the user’s weight is pushed down on the rollers giving a deeper-reaching massage and also lowering the blood pressure. The feeling of weightlessness
Luraco iRobotics Pros
- This massage chair is FDA certified and is categorized as a premium medical massage chair.
- The chair offers shiatsu massages amongst other massage modes. For people suffering from neck pain, a shiatsu massage should fix you right up and restore vitality to your body.
- The chair’s aftersales services and support are incredible. The company quickly responds to any concerns the customers raise concerning the massage chair.
- The massage chair offers spinal decompression which provides immediate and lasting neck and back pain.
Luraco iRobotics Cons
- The body scan feature takes a hefty two minutes to complete which is rather long.
Another of the best zero gravity massage chair model, this Kahuna chair is a top performer. A high-powered, and feature-packed affordable massage chair.
That offers all the advantages of zero gravity reclining, heated massages and more. Below are some basic features you can expect from this model;
Zero Gravity Recline Feature:
The chair has a single Zero-G position. The massage experience in this position can be described as being as deep-reaching, intense and thoroughly relaxing.
3D Body Scan Technology:
The 3D body scan feature scans the user’s body and repositions the massage rollers to ensure an optimal massage experience. The feature ensures that the massage rollers accurately hit the body’s pressure points maximizing the therapeutic benefits.
Yoga Stretch Mode:
The Yoga stretch function relieves pain by gently stretching the body. This is achieved by the inflation and deflation of airbags located throughout the massage chair’s body.
Yoga stretch provides instant pain relief making it a widely sought-after feature in the best zero gravity massage chair models.
- The chair is an FDA approved massage chair meaning its quality and performance are exceptional. The best zero gravity massage chair models in this class are mostly FDA approved.
- This Kahuna massage chair is huge in space saving technology. The chair features a space-saving design that only requires three inches of space between the back of the chair and the wall to achieve the full recline Zero-G position.
- The extendable Ottoman in this chair allows the massage chair to accommodate users of different heights ranging from the short to the very tall.
- The six-roller system used in this chair goes against the conventional four-roller system chat characterizes most mid-range massage chairs. The six rollers do an excellent job at mimicking the feel of a human masseuse’s hands making it a top contender for the best zero gravity massage chair title.
- This massage chair comes with a simple to use remote control device. You might, however, need to establish a learning curve before settling into your chair.
- The SM-7300 does not offer any temperature control features. This is unusual of any model competing for the best zero gravity massage chair.
- The massage chair doesn’t offer MP3 support.
This zero gravity massage chair is loaded with a variety of features that are designed to deliver the most relaxing massage experience possible.
In addition to a full body massage, zero-G recline features, and heated massages, the user is treated to a host of other unique features.
That include air massage features, VR support and more. Below is a summary of what you can look forward to in a chair competing for the top spot of best zero gravity massage chair.
Zero Gravity Reclining:
This massage chair is among the few models in its class and price range that come accompanied by the true zero gravity reclining feature.
The zero gravity recline function places the user in a gravity-neutral position which takes pressure off the spinal column easing back pain, lowering high blood pressure and other conditions.
The Real Relax massage chair has a total of 35 airbags that work to give the user the most relaxing massage experience ever.
The airbags are strategically placed over the shoulder, arms, seat, and leg regions, gently helping ease fatigue and chronic pain. The air massage feature positions this model as the Best zero gravity massage chair.
This chair is equipped with heated roller heads placed along the back and the seat. Heat is a powerful method of easing muscle tension and relieving chronic back and lower back pain.
Real Relax Pros
- The massage chair offers both compression and percussion type-massages. These features improve the users’ flexibility, the posture of the legs and overall mobility.
- The chair’s rollers have a motion range reaching all the way down to the tailbone area. This is a great feature for alleviating chronic lower back pain.
- The chair features adjustable air massage modes that can be varied to suit different massage needs. The chair also comes with varied massage intensity settings.
Real Relax Cons
- After the warranty period has elapsed, the massage chair is very likely to malfunction.
The LM6800’s design and features make it a popular pick thanks to the addition of heated massages, numerous massage modes and more. Below is a short roundup of what you can look forward to;
Zero Gravity Reclining:
The zero gravity positioning feature allows the user to recline weightlessly at a Zero-G position which is ideal for relieving stress on the body, lowering high blood pressure and allowing for a more relaxed massage experience.
The LM6800’s Yoga feature works by gently massaging and stretching your entire body simultaneously. The stretching feature is quite effective in correcting posture problems making it perhaps the most popular feature.
L-Track Massage feature:
The L-Track massage feature is a system of continuous roller tracks that run from the head down to the hamstrings. This separates it from the conventional S-Track system that stops at the lower back position.
The L-Track feature provides a true full-body massage with 35% more coverage compared to S-Track systems.
- The Kahuna LM6800 features six automatic Massage modes which are an advantage over competing models in this class which only have four. The massage programs include Rejuvenate, yoga, SV-Chiro, Relax, Deep Tissue, and Stretching.
- Space savings: The Kahuna LM6800 is designed to provide extreme space savings such that it only needs five inches of space from a wall to execute the Zero-G feature.
- The aftersales support for this massage chair is excellent. The manufacturer provides comprehensive after-sales-support in case of any malfunctions.
- The price of the LM6800 gives you more bang for your buck. The massage chair offers features that compete with the best home massage chair models.
- The Kahuna LM6800 weighs a hefty 220 pounds.
- The chair requires a professional to assemble it. Putting it together isn’t task you’re recommended to attempt by yourself.
The Osaki OS-4000 Zero Gravity Massage Chair is another top selling chair that offers tall users the same therapeutic benefits as average users.
The chair is fitted with a zero gravity feature, five intensity settings, an S-track system and a full body scan among others.
It offers a pretty decent massage and can be considered to be among the best zero gravity massage chair models. The chair is designed to accommodate users that are up to 6’4” tall. Below are some features you can expect from this massage chair;
Zero Gravity function:
The zero-G feature in this massage chair is inspired by NASA’s proprietary concept of countering the G-forces from thrust astronauts experience while en-route to space.
The chair reclines to a position where the legs are higher than the heart while evenly distributing body weight creating a sense of weightlessness.
In this position, numerous benefits are realized which include lowered blood pressure and spinal decompression and relieved muscular tension.
The massage chair has an inbuilt heating element that provides relief for chronic back pain. The heating element covers back, seat, and feet regions. The chair allows heat intensity control with eight preset modes.
Pre-Programmed Auto-Massage Modes:
This chair comes with several pre-programmed massage modes that include healthcare, Circulation, Relax, Smart, Neck and Shoulder massage, Back and Lumbar, and Full Air.
These provide great relief from fatigue, muscle tension, and chronic pain which is exactly what most users look for in the best zero gravity massage chair models.
- The zero-gravity feature doesn’t take up too much space in your house. The chair needs a three-inch space from the wall to go into full Zero-G recline position.
- The full body massage capabilities of this chair are made possible by the numerous massage rollers and airbags evenly placed in the chair’s body.
- The chair has a dedicated function that addresses specific problematic areas such as the back, neck, calf and shoulder regions.
- The computerized control panel of this massage chair packs many features while at the same time remaining as simple to use.
- This chair requires professional help to assemble it.
- The aftersales support for this model is horrible.
The best zero gravity massage chair models offer what can best be described as a thoroughly relaxing experience. The benefits of zero gravity massage chair devices are numerous and well documented.
A good percentage of the best zero gravity massage chair models also double up as FDA approved medical devices.